[Nottingham] C++ editor/compiler for Linux

Robert Postill nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Feb 3 15:45:01 2003

Martin,
There are absolute shedloads of IDEs that may well fit your bill.  You
might want to checkout Linux Format issue 35 which has a roundup of C++
IDEs.  If you want GNOME or KDE then check out Anjuta
(http://anjuta.org) and KDevlop (http://www.kdevelop.org) respectively.
  If you're not so keen on tying yourself to a specific environment then
check out the Code Warrior clones or jEdit (http://www.jedit.org).  Also
if you remember the old Borland Turbo C++ interface check out xwpe
(http://freshmeat.net/projects/xwpe-alpha/?topic_id=65) which I don't
think gets much maintenence but I love it just the same :) [wipes
nostalgic tear from eye].
Robert.