[Nottingham] Hosting your own domain/s?

Paul Sladen nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Jul 9 00:20:01 2003

On Tue, 8 Jul 2003, Robert Davies wrote:
> There's another centre in Manchester, maybe others now, but Linx will be the
> biggest.

The LINX is not a data-centre.  The LINX is ``just a bundle of switches''
(which happen to be distributed across several data-centres in London).

  http://www.linx.net/about/technical/sites/

> Ah just get some US Army surplus Argon lasers, and fire them across the street
> to get those bits baking the Naan

People sell these, very nice and legal--being in the visible spectrum and
all that.  Here's one beaming through a fisktank:

  http://photos.jml.net/photo.php?id=692725

The Goldfish seemed pretty fine, although I wonder how many dead ones they'd
already scooped out earlier in the day...

	-Paul
--
War is inconsistent with Truth.  Nottingham, GB