[Nottingham] Linux Tuition

Jon Masters nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Jul 10 14:28:01 2003

On Thu, 10 Jul 2003, Simon Huggins wrote:

> 13:52 <jcm> I want to know who is willing to actually pay money for us
>             to do it rather than those interested in freeloading.

Simon,

If you expect myself and others to necessarily have to pay to travel/hire
venue/organise/promote/etc. then you live in a very twisted little world
indeed. The fact is that LUG meetings usually take place on the cheap out
of necessity but it is unlikely that the appropriate resources can or will
appear out of the thin air and be avilable for such more hands-on/formal
events. Often this comes out of the pockets of those running the event,
but why should it?  I did not say what you perhaps hoped I might ``I'm
interested in ripping people off''. I think paying a moderate charge is
both wholly reasonable and entirely necessary in order to see these things
happen - unless your Economics degree gives you some different insight...

I would have thought you could spare a couple of minutes to consider
copy-pasting everything said on IRC in to a mail client and posting to the
world because I think the phrasing would have been a little different :-)
on a public mailing list...but hey the gist is there anyway.

Thanks for another attempt at starting a flamefest, now please refrain
from the urge to be increadibly rude again and leave it at that.

Cheers,

Jon.