[Nottingham] cdrecord Hooray!!

Bunter Matthew nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Jul 30 08:55:00 2003

sorry for the swearing but hoo-fucking-ray!!!

What I did was this :

[root@esmerelda mnt]# mkisofs -r -J -o /tmp/specialJ.iso /special

This creates one large iso file of type Joliet(?) in my tmp directory.
The -o tells mkisofs to write the output to /tmp and after that from
where /special.

Then the magic :

[root@esmerelda mnt]# cdrecord dev=3D0,0,0 speed=3D4 -v -data
/tmp/specialJ.iso

It took 337 secs (5 mins+) to do 582M. The size is a file management
reason (I'm fussy about how my files are organised). And I'm a coward
and didn't want any size issues.

I'd like to thank everyone for helping and commenting. The Linux crowd
comes to the rescue once again. Now I'll back it up onto another CD just
to be extra careful.

Matt (not quite so dazed and confused - for now)