CD-RW help 2 (Re: [Nottingham] Request for CDW help)

Robert Postill nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue Jun 17 14:16:01 2003

--=-Y9daJQ45CxWtW8HAL8iy

On Tue, 2003-06-17 at 13:48, Duncan John Fyfe wrote:

> hmmm, does anyone know of a stand alone version of 'cdrecord -scanbus' ?
> I find its usefullness extends beyond cdrw's (eg usb-scsi).
Duncan,
Check out the storagemountain.com page for this sort of thing:
http://www.storagemountain.com/free-backup-software3.html
The utilities (particularly sysinfo and sysaudit) should give you info
about your system that goes way beyond just the SCSI devices and gives
you the info you need to recover from a major outage (hence why it's on
storagemountain.com:).

For less serious requirements try lshw. It's a little cracker and has a
debian package for those so interested.  This will just list the
hardware attached to the system but is useful for ferreting out hardware
issues.

Robert.
> --=20
> Robert Postill