[Nottingham] Too much traffic

Duncan John Fyfe nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Thu Mar 6 02:23:01 2003

On Wed, 5 Mar 2003, Robert Davies wrote:

> What happened to a Mailing list digest option?  Leicester switched a while
> back to Mailman, which I think allows daily digests.

note nottingham@mailman.lug.org.uk
                ^^^^^^^

I suspect a digest is an option but I haven't investigated further.
If possible we should probably tell people about it on the subscription page.

> Maybe Clive Jones <clive@tux-it.co.uk> who is the main Leicester man might
> comment on it.
will do if no-one knows better first.

> It used to be common to have Email -> News gateways and use USEnet readers to
> handle high volume lists, as they tend to have more facilities for ignoring
> what you aren't interested in.

it also used to be common to point 'whereis' queries to 127.0.0.1/.....
them were the days.

> Rob

Have fun,
Duncan

--
Duncan John Fyfe          X-ray Astronomy Group,
                          Dept. of Physics & Astronomy,