[Nottingham] Too much traffic

Alex Tibbles nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Fri Mar 7 09:33:01 2003

> I agree that we should all try and 'vote' on any
> extra
> communication methods (web-board, usenet, etc). Then
> at least we would know how many will be using it.
ok. I vote that we keep the mail list. I have no
objections to there being a mail->news gateway. I
don't know how usenet works - would I point a
newsreader at the gateway, or would I be able to
access it through my ISP's news server? Google groups
works sufficiently like a web forum that it should
satisfy those who want that access method, no? It does
gain from being google-able (which the mail list is
too).

alex