[Nottingham] debian?

.waffle nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sun Mar 23 15:08:00 2003

Right, make sure you have a working internet connection by pinging a domain
(I tend to use ojuice.net or news.bbc.co.uk) and then type:

"apt-get update"

That will get you the latest package lists. Now type:

"apt-get upgrade"

And you should be upgraded to all the latest packages. Although, you did say
that you were installing over the net anyway... When I installed, I read the
preboot lists and typed something along the lines of linux bf24 to use the
2.4.x kernel... Is it plausible to reinstall using that?

.waffle