[Nottingham] Notlug RFC1

Robert Davies nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk
Mon Sep 22 19:49:01 2003

On Monday 22 Sep 2003 17:27, Tony Leake wrote:
> I don't know what it would cover
> >but a session where the veterans could help expand neonates use of
> >Linux into new areas could work.
>
> Been using 'easy' distros for 4 years and am currently trying out Debian
> (which I'm sure is what most of you hardcore people would call a real
> distro) I would certainly come to a talk about the benefits of other
> distros as I seem to miss the point a little.

It's a mistake to think in terms of installing distro's as some proficiency
badge.  My guess is the original poster meant to be encouraging to anyone
who's installed and using a Linux system, rather than rate users according to
what distro they prefer, and managed to install.

After all it's the experience configuring systems, interest areas and
practical use of programs in daily usage which is useful.

Rob