[Nottingham] Re: CyberKit

Colin Saxton colin.saxton at ntlworld.com
Thu Sep 25 21:49:23 BST 2003

fyi

Just received the following email from NTL

19 Sept 2003: Msblaster/Welchia Worm ongoing issues

We are aware of the large number of customers who have been infected by this worm and/or its variants, as a result customers may be seeing a high number of ICMP requests on their firewalls. Ntl have mailed all their customers with instructions on how to remove this worm and patch their PCs. We are also using a 'honeypot' to identify infected customers and force them through a patching process. To date we have succesfully forced 23,000 + customers through this process.