[Nottingham] apache 2 + Apache::Template ?

Simon Amor simon at leaky.org
Mon Apr 12 13:51:44 BST 2004

Hi,

   Does anyone know how to get Apache::Template (the apache/mod_perl
module for Template Toolkit) working with apache 2 on a fedora core 1
system?

When trying to compile Apache::Template from CPAN, it requires
Apache::ModuleConfig which doesn't seem to exist with mod_perl-1.99 and
apache 2, on a redhat 7.3 box with apache 1.3 it exists in package
mod_perl-1.26. Trying to install it via CPAN attempts to rebuild
mod_perl from source which is not something I want to do.

I've attempted to tweak the source to use Apache::compat and
Apache::porting but no luck yet and the docs i found online said to
avoid using those modules if speed is required.

Any pointers gratefully received, even if it's just a pointer to
packages for apache 1.3 and mod_perl 1.26 for fedora (preferably not
the redhat 7.3 unsupported ones).

   Simon