[Nottingham] Re:[Fwd: Posting to Lug mail list problem... help?

Godfrey Nix godfrey at gnnix.co.uk
Tue Dec 21 23:25:22 GMT 2004

On Tue, 2004-12-21 at 16:09, Martin wrote:
> Jason,
>
> ####
> [---]
> I only signed up this account with the LUG on Saturday although I have
> my home address signed up for a while.
> Basically I can't post - or at least my post didn't appear.
> ####

Yes, I can see your post - held up because it was sent from an address
that was not at the time subscribed as a member of the LUG.

> And don't post anything spam-like or dubious or including three dots or
> all-caps or anything anti-Godfrey or you'll get despammed never to heard
> of again!

I am still trying to figure out what triggers the 'spam-detect' on some
of the messages posted to this list. It is not three dots, it is not
references to the local telecom company, but it may have something to do
with html code in a message (or may not - scratches head again ; ouch -a
splinter!)

Now, has any one of you kind souls ever sent an anti-Godfrey message? I
trust not.

Seasons greetings to all.

xin lien yerfdog (some say I am a bit 'backwards!')