[Nottingham] How Do I get my new Digital Camera to work with Mandrake 9.1

Simon Huggins huggie at earth.li
Mon Feb 16 13:02:38 GMT 2004

Hi Nottingham,

On Mon, Feb 16, 2004 at 12:46:12PM +0000, Tony Shaw wrote:
> Can anyone tell me how to get my new digital camera to work with
> Mandrake 9.1, I have just got the 'Mini Digital Camera Keyring' from
> Argos.

Keyring suggests it's just a USB keyring is it?  Just use the usb-storage
module.

> It works well with Bindows but I can not get it to work with
> Mandrake's GPhoto or FLPhoto, Bindows see's the camera as a 'Dual-Mode
> DSC(2770). I would love to get the camera to work with Linux as It
> would be one more excuse to get rid of Bindows of my machine. Thank
> you.

But here you're talking about the camera.  It might just offer a USB
storage interface or it might connect over a serial cable and need
gphoto/gphoto2.

What's the actual model number of the camera?  Did you search for it on
the gphoto site?

Simon.

--
Just another wannabie |  I only play with my computer  |  Just another fool