[Nottingham] Broadband Bullwell

Simon Osborne flibblesan at coconutsmusume.co.uk
Thu Jul 29 10:39:34 BST 2004

Josh Lock wrote:
> Hi list!
>
> My girlfriend and I are currently living with her mum in basford while
> our house goes through and watching (and fixing) the woes she has with
> NTL broadband has put me off signing up with them when we get in our
> house.
> Is Basford just a crappy area or is NTL always unreliable (dropping
> connections etc)?
> Have any of you out there got broadband and live in Bulwell if so can
> you recommend a provider?
> I think they all piggy-back off NTL or BT's networks? So should I just
> go with one of these two providers? If so can you make a
> recommendation?

I live in Basford and had a few problems with NTL but this is like 3 or
4 in the space of a year. BT are a heck of a lot worse.

Go with ntl, take up the offers (3 months any speed for free, half price
600k for a year).

Every ISP has it's problems, if you go with ADSL it always uses the BT
network despit what you may be told (this will always be the case until
the LLU is done).

Simon - not at all biased for ntl ;)