[Nottingham] Broadband Bullwell

Alex Herington alex at fnet.nu
Thu Jul 29 10:49:40 BST 2004

Josh Lock wrote:
> Is Basford just a crappy area or is NTL always unreliable (dropping
> connections etc)?

I know a few people around the country with NTL broadband and everyone
seems to have different stories. I know a someone in West Bridgeford
who's had faultless service from them and someone in Basingstoke who has
frequent problems, and another person in south Wales who the odd problem
but nothing too bad.

> I think they all piggy-back off NTL or BT's networks? So should I just
> go with one of these two providers? If so can you make a
> recommendation?

When you say "BT ADSL" you have to realise that BT only provide the
connection between the ISP and your house - it's up to the ISP to
provide Internet connectivity, so it varies between ADSL ISPs. I've been
with Zen's ADSL (www.zen.co.uk) for over a year and there's only been
one minor outtage so far (touch wood) :)

You could try checking out www.adslguide.org for a comparison of ADSL
providers. Additionally you might want to factor in getting NTL internet
bundled with cable TV/phone.. etc which could work out cheaper.

Regards,
Alex.