[Nottingham] Firewire Support

Duncan John Fyfe djf at star.le.ac.uk
Fri Jun 4 22:46:21 BST 2004

On Fri, 4 Jun 2004, Darren Fuller wrote:

> Thanks to everyone for getting back on this so quickly, didn't reply
> sooner as I've been enjoying the wonders of Scotland for the past week
> although it is a good excuse to get a card now so I can download some
> clips of the camcorder.

You went to Scotland and took pictures of your camcorder ? Your weird ;)

> Slightly related topic, is it worth putting up on the new website a
> secion where people can enter the hardware that they have successfully
> used with Linux and any tweaks they used?  Just a thought.

No.  The web is littered with an ever expanding number of 'this hardware
works with linux' sites.  Worse still many of the don't date the material
so you don't know if it was written last week or 2 years ago nor do they keep
it up to date.  It would be better to identify a few good (popular
, well used and therefore up to date) such sites and add then rather than
start a new one.
If a few such sites can be found then referencing those from the web site would
be worth while.

Have fun,
Duncan