[Nottingham] Newbie intro

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Mon May 10 18:09:17 BST 2004

David Aldred wrote:

> Just found this group and signed up...
>
> A brief intro: I've worked though CP/M, DOS (various), Windows (various,

Nicely historical.

> ending up with XP Pro) - no serious beef, really, but just the general
> feeling that there's something better Out There...

Be very careful... to step... beyond The Matrix...

(;-))

[...]
> Oh, all right, I'm still a bit of a chicken - Linux and Windows dual
[...]
> So you can expect lots of questions, soon, on a fairly basic level, if
> that's OK!  Be kind.... :-)

You'll be very welcome at the meets, and there'll be various folk to
answer whatever questions over a beer or two or more.

As discussed over the last few beers, perhaps we should insert another
'Linux for Newbies and old Newbies' session.

(Don't want to bash folk too much or have them completely Perled over (:-P))

Welcome to the world of linux,
where the Penguins are friendly
(:-))

Hope to see you at the next meet or social.

Good luck,
Martin

http://nottingham.lug.org.uk/new
http://nottingham.lug.org.uk