[Nottingham] Newbie intro

Simon Osborne flibblesan at coconutsmusume.co.uk
Mon May 10 23:21:31 BST 2004

David Aldred wrote:

> On the subject of getting hold of Linux software, is there anywhere in
> Nottingham which supplies such things on CD?  I know I can mail order
> it, but sometimes I get impatient!

If you are wanting games, you want to be chatting to Michael of Tux
Games who will sort you out with more than you could ever have time to
play. Maybe he can sort you out with commercial applications, but don't
quote me on this.

As for copies of distributions and other open source software on CDROM,
many of the LUG members would probably help you out. I have a few bits
and pieces but I've recently moved house and I don't have broadband so
I'm not exactly uptodate with the newest distributions (and won't get
broadband until I move again in September...).

This gives me an interesting idea: Wouldn't it be useful to have a list
of people who would be willing to burn copies of the latest
distributions and software for the price of a few blank CDs or beer
money, and have this on the LUG pages? I know most of us probably have
broadband but it's a nice idea anyway. Progeny Debian 2 alpha would be a
good item to have if anyone has it <large grin>

Simon