[Nottingham] Awareness day

Michael Simms michael at tuxgames.com
Mon Nov 1 12:58:11 GMT 2004

I'll bring a box down - I assume no net access again... I can set up
databases and stuff, and have the office products all there and
waiting... Id appreciate someone driving my box from my place to the
windmill though, as I really dont wanna try and carry it all that way
{:-)

On the needed equipment, erm, I have some speakers but they are crappy 4
quid ones - I'll bring them anyway.

Is there a phone line in there, maybe then we could at least dialup to a
local ISP and get net access that way. If so I'll set up my laptop as a
gateway for that. If its an NTL phone line, all the better as I have an
NTLworld account we can use and it wont cost anything to connect.

On Mon, 2004-11-01 at 12:44, Duncan John Fyfe wrote:
> On Mon, 1 Nov 2004, Robert Postill wrote:
>

> > What can you do to help?
> > Fri:
> > Be there and be friendly.  Server oriented demos and advice for
> > migration from Windows are likely to be big winners.  All stories of how
> > good Linux is for task X (use cases will be especially welcome) will
> > help.
>
> Time 10:00 - 16:00 both days.
> I think we can set up from 9:30ish.
>
> Anyone with business contacts, please pass on details.  Don't just
> think of their business, think of who they might talk to too.  I now know,
> through an accountant friend of another business trying to go all linux.
>
> Remember, the nature of the venue means we cannot conduct business
> during the awareness days but contacts made are fair game for
> consultancy work etc afterwards.
>

> If we are going to do server demos does anyone have a
> box(+time) to run as a demo dhcp/web/mail/... server ?
> If so can we agree network particulars etc before Friday so those
> bringing boxes can pre-prepare connecting to these services.
>

> [Equipment Offered]
> 1 	desktop
> 1 	laptop
> 1 	8 port hub