[Nottingham] Next Meeting & CFC & general

Michael Erskine msemtd at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Nov 23 09:59:46 GMT 2004

On Monday 22 November 2004 20:16, Martin wrote:
> What do people want next?
> And at what level (beginner, noobie, user, expert, hack)?

We want to span all levels! A big wish I know :), but since beginners are
potential experts (and vice-versa) we should start with the "magic" commands
and tools to install and for which to RTFM, or the most suitable GUI front
ends or scripts to said tools and commands. Then the useful switches and
tweaks that give us the flexibility and the scripting glue and pipes that
make it hold together and flow.

That's the sort of format that would work best for me since I'm basically
spanning the expertise levels myself: I'm currently investigating the
creation of DVD movies under Linux and I'm overwhelmed with the commandline
tools typically used. This is probably because I can only dedicate a limited
amount of time and brainpower to the task at any one time - roll on the K3B
dvdauthor front end!

Regards,
Michael.