[Nottingham] Linux in Church Office anxiety state

Michael Leuty mike at leuty.net
Sun Sep 5 21:15:45 BST 2004

On Sunday 05 Sep 2004 09:40, laccata wrote:
> Don't neglect the users.
<snip much sensible advice>
> Keep things as simple as you can.

Thanks for the advice. My cunning plan is to set just one machine up as
dual boot in the first place, so the staff can try out the desktop and
see that the new software will (I hope) be easy to use and do the
things which they need.

James and Peter suggested a separate firewall unit.

That also sounds sensible advice. I will probably get a firewall/router
unit to replace the existing simple hub. We can then have a trusted
network and turn off all the software firewalls on the PCs. (Yes?)

--
Michael Leuty
Nottingham, UK