[Nottingham] BT Voyager modem and Debian

Edgar Jasper lists at edgar.org.uk
Sun Sep 19 19:30:35 BST 2004

Hi,

I've been lurking on the list for a while now - even tried to send a
posting once but think I messed it up somehow as it never appeared.  I
grew up in Nottingham but actually spend most of my time in London now
which means I've never been able to attend a LUG meeting. This is a
shame as the Nottingham LUG seems much more active than the London one.
  Anyway, this may be the first of several postings.

To business.  I'm looking to install Debian Sarge on my dad's computer.
  He's got a broadband internet connection with BT using the modem they
provided.  This is a BT Voyager USB ADSL Modem. Ideally, I'd like to do
a network installation but this may be unrealistic using this modem.
Has anyone got any experience getting these modems working with Linux,
Debian or best of all doing a Debian net installation with one?  Any
thoughts welcome.

Edgar.