[Nottingham] Thanks!

Michael perl at tecspy.com
Sun Sep 19 20:33:20 BST 2004

Robert Macaraeg wrote:
> I went to my second LUG meeting this past week and it
> was great. The subject matter was interesting and the
> time at the pub was also great.  I was the American
> with the Dell notebook with the fried hard drive. I
> like to say thank you with the three gentlemen who
> help me diagnose my computer and its ailment.

That was fun - I do hope it's not a broken IDE controller because that
was a well-made laptop (I've been turned off Dell after finding out that
our Dell PowerEdge 4400 W2K domain controller bluescreens when a USB
mass storage device is plugged in).

> I like to give a BIG thanks to Mike; I think that was
> his name, for giving me a copy of Knoppix and doing
> the leading the surgical team on my computer. I will
> try to be at the next meeting.
> Cheers!
> Bob

Thanks, I always carry a few lightweight distros (Linux BBC - thanks to
"backups Rob" for that one, Sarge businesscard, Morphix light gui, and
Knoppix) - you never know when you'll meet someone in the pub who needs
a copy!

Regards,
Michael.