[Nottingham] MySQL advice

Johannes Kling jok at printk.net
Tue Apr 26 11:14:03 BST 2005

Hello,

> We're a 'new' MySQL shop, only having used Oracle, SQL Server and
> DB2 on the mainframe. One of the areas we're a bit unsure of are the
> backups. I've found some scripts but wanted NOTLUG members' points
> of view regarding the use of the

You might want to investigate MySQL replication if backups are that
important to you. It causes little overhead on the master system and
will give you almost exact replica on the slave machine.

It's not a replacemnt for archiving backups, but when it comes to
disaster recovery it can save you a lot of time.

Regards,
  Jo Kling

--
"I shall press on valiantly in the face of apathy!" -- cmg