[Nottingham] Booting Headless

Chris Dawson chris.dawson at aaug.net
Thu Aug 18 20:22:40 BST 2005

I'd be grateful for a little advice please.

I've setup a PC running Fedora 4 and I'm using VNC to access the desktop
locally. However, I now want to move the machine into a remote part of the
property without a keyboard or monitor. I'd like to be able to vnc in to
Gnome and access the machine completely remotely.

I'd like to boot it headless but I can't seem to find a way to avoid logging
on with username and PW.

The machine is running on an internal network and only I have access to it
therefore security is less of an issue.

Can anyone advise me please

TIA.

Chris.