[Nottingham] Re: Winmodem support (Chris Stones)

chris stones chris.stones at ntlworld.com
Sun Jan 23 05:02:56 GMT 2005

Knoppix isnt that great on drivers. Knoppix woudlnt work on my
HP-Deskjet&XX series printer, (its a win-printer) but a quick "emerge
foomatic" sorted that out.

One thing to remember, is avoid freeserve (wanadoo) broadband like the
T-Virus !
they give you a software  broadband box !!!
it does work in linux, but its a nightmare, you need to use ppp drivers
through ethernet (ppp is normally dial up over hpone line) and each time
you boot, you have to upload the firmware to the box.