[Nottingham] screen resolution issue

martin kirk martin at aejent.co.uk
Mon Jan 31 17:49:27 GMT 2005

Hi All,

long-time lurker, first-time poster here (and another Beestonian!).

i've been trying various 'live' distros as a precursor to switching over my living-room machine.
my problem is, only Ubuntu will run at 1024x768, other distros i've tried don't work unless i use 800x600.
i assume it's something to do with refresh rates but i'm only guessing.

is there a way to find out what settings Ubuntu is using, and then boot another distro (preferably Mepis) with command-line arguments to use those same settings ?

cheers,
martin.