[Nottingham] What 2d or 3d drawing toolkit/lib?

Cam camilo at mesias.co.uk
Tue Jul 26 10:38:32 BST 2005

Michael

> Well, you wanted a quick solution so I didnt suggest anything.

:)

Doesn't Qt have OpenGL support these days? It should be close to KDE
(although I don't use KDE I have used Qt in the distant past).

There's also fltk which is non mainstream but matches the requirement of
2d, 3d (OpenGL) and C++

Lateral thinking: how about writing out SVG and rendering it with
something else? It might be a good way to get quick results. Or write
out gnuplot files.

I suppose a lot depends on the 3D requirement, do you really need 3D, do
you need it to be animated, or would a 2d hack that looks a bit like 3d
be acceptable?

-Cam

--
camilo at mesias.co.uk                                                 <--