[Nottingham] More kit for whoever wants it

Tom Bird tom at marmot.org.uk
Thu Jul 28 12:54:52 BST 2005

On Thu, 2005-07-28 at 00:19 +0100, Nathan wrote:
> Hi, i'm a lurker incase anyone was wondering :)
>
> > HP 715/100XC w/ 256MB RAM and 2 gig disk
>
> Do you have the keyboard connector-box?
>
> I have a 9000/715/100 which I bought off eBay last year for the low low
> price of £3.50, however this was because the keyboard connector-box was
> missing. No problem I thought, i'll just pick one up on eBay... And here I
> am a year later still looking :)
>
> To the point: Is there anyway you can tell me how your kb/mouse
> connector-box is wired? I want to make my own since i'm obviously not going
> to find a proper one, but I can't find a wiring diagram anywhere on the web.
> I don't want you destroy the box leaving whoever has the workstation off you
> in the same position as me, but if there's anyway you can get inside it(two
> halves screwed together?) to see how it's wired it'd be pretty helpful.

It's not screwed, it seems clipped together in a way such as to make
taking it apart difficult if not impossible without damaging it.

Google turned this up though:

Signal          Workstation   HIL    PS2 Mouse  PS2 Kbd
HIL +12V             1         1
HIL SI               2         2
HIL SO               3         3
GND                  4         4         3         3
PS2 Mouse Clock      5                   5
PS2 Mouse Data       6                   1
GND                  7                   3         3
PS2 Kbd Data         8                             1
PS2 Kbd Clock        9                             5
PS2 +5V             10                   4         4

As for which pin on the machine represents pin 1, I think you'll have to
chuck a multimeter at the problem and see which end registers +12.

--
Tom

Retford, UK