[Nottingham] Broadband ISP and Modem advice wanted

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Fri Jun 3 12:36:02 BST 2005

Martin Garton wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-06-02 at 18:55 +0100, AB wrote:
>
>>Can anyone recommend an ISP and package that may suit my needs?
[---]
> and I have used demon and also black cat networks (my current ISP) I
[...]
> have a look at http://www.blackcatnetworks.co.uk/

Depending on where you are exactly, take a look at:
http://ineedbroadband.myip.org/ineedbroadband/

I'll admit to some non-financial interest there in that that service
jumped in at very short notice to sort out a connection where NTL didn't
want to go and BT didn't give a toss about their lines being unusable.

(Mention my name & NLUG... I'm trying to get the guy over to give us all
a talk :) )

On personal experience, I've found NTL to give the best and most
consistent connection quality (cable). Shame their accounts dept can be
hard work for making any changes! (But then again, I've found BT's call
centres to have wasted even more of my time :( )

Good luck,
Martin

(And don't mention BT 10m monster poles in yer garden!)

martin at ml1.co.uk