[Nottingham] AMSN, Gnome and Traydoc.

Dalkus dalkus at fyrelizard.com
Sat Mar 26 01:15:17 GMT 2005

Hi, recently installed AMSN and have compiled traydoc so that I am able
to have the AMSN icon appear in my Gnome docking applet.

I'm (very) new to using Gnome and am used to using KDE so perhaps this
is just a Gnome thing but...

In KDE, when AMSN has docking enabled I was able to double click the
docked icon and AMSN would disappear from my list of open windows and
run in the background. This doesn't seem to happen under Gnome dock (I
can't find any other method of doing the same through AMSN menus).

The icon is in the dock, and I have the ability to change my MSN status
through it, etc, but I can't get it to run in the background.

Is this a Gnome thing? Or am I making some mistake?

Many thanks.