[Nottingham] KDE 3.4 problems

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Mon Mar 28 16:13:52 BST 2005

Peter Aldred wrote:
[...]

Go to hear that you've fixed (or worked around) most of the problems.

> One problem remains - all of the KDE config utils are missing from the
> menu, and is drakconf. Menudrake believes they're there; they are
> installed (will run from the prompt) they just don't show up. The only

Have you tried the all famous:
update-menus
(from a command prompt)?

Aside: I tried updating kde and a few other things from the "MCC -
install - updates" list. Things went slightly awry... Various crucial
bits of kde were very broken.

Checking through and I'd inadvertently added a mix of some mandrake
cooker contrib packages that had then skewed a lot of dependancies. Much
command line typing later working through urpmi for various missing bits
and I've got a working kde oncemore. Only needed to do one "--allow-force".

Only thing is, I've lost the anti-aliasing for at least some of the
fonts (:-((

Mandrake 10.2 (under whatever name) should be out in the next couple of
weeks. I'll fix it all with an upgrade (:-))

Good luck (for me also),

martin at ml1.co.uk