[Nottingham] Errr help...normal service please :-)

Robert Hart enxrah at nottingham.ac.uk
Thu Nov 3 12:46:11 GMT 2005

On Thu, 3 Nov 2005, Robert Ross wrote:

> When it came to the python stage I again had to find various dependencies
> (libpython2.4.so.1.0 - still no ppc rpm), but sorted it out.  After install
> (and no errors given) I try to run python and get the following message
> -------------
> python: relocation error: /usr/lib/libpython2.4.so.1.0: symbol
> __vsnprintf_chk, version GLIBC_2.3.4 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link
> time reference
> -------------

What this basically comes down to is the version of libpython2.4.so.1.0
you have on your system was compiled against a different version of libc
than the one you actually have installed on your system.

If at all possible you need to try and get all your rpms from the same
source, ideally from your distibution.

If you find that something you want is missing, it may well be easier to
compile it yourself from source than to try and mess around with third
party rpms.

However you will want to keep the amount of stuff you compile
yourself to a minimum because it becomes a nightmare very quickly.

Rob