[Nottingham] Challenge-Response systems

Andy Brown nlug at jester.nu
Fri Nov 4 09:31:24 GMT 2005

OK, here's a techy question (sort of)

How do people feel about challenge-response systems as anti-spam
measures?

How about CR systems that require a graphical browser to confirm the
email?

And yes, this has come up because I've tried to email somebody on the
list. (Not that the blocked email is any great loss on the grand
scheme of things)

Personally I don't think CR systems are ever going to stop spam anyway
(and could make things worse because of the extra traffic generated).
And requiring a graphical browser for the confirmation strikes me as
extremely unfriendly, not to mention possibly breaking certain
accessibility requirements.

--
Andy Brown