[Nottingham] Why a spontaneous restart?

Michael Erskine msemtd at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Oct 13 15:55:12 BST 2005

On Thursday 13 October 2005 15:41, Martin wrote:
> OK folks,
>
> Whilst happily typing away in OpenOffice, my machine did a restart for
> itself!

The logs don't give much away there...

> Any ideas as to what might cause this?

So many things...sigh!

> This is a first time ever in all my Linux bashings!

What about your memory problems (or do you not remember :) )

> Or is this old PC getting a little too old and the hardware is getting
> too marginal?

A PC is never too old - broken, perhaps, but never too old.

> Everything checks out ok after the reboot.

So far :) ...

> Comments welcomed.
>
> All good fun,
> Martin
>
> Mandriva 10LE (Mandrake 9.2)

Ah! there's you problem! :) No, seriously though, what's yer kernel ver?

Regards,
Michael Erskine.

--
"It's men like him that give the Y chromosome a bad name."