[Nottingham] Awareness day

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Thu Oct 27 21:41:29 BST 2005

Simon wrote:
[---]
> I've whisked off an email to Ubuntu requesting some CDs for the
> awareness day. I gave some information about what we are doing and
> gave a link to the website. Hope that was ok? Time will tell.

Good, thanks. Including Edubuntu?

We'd better get a move on and add a bit more to the site for the
Awareness Days.

>>Any volunteers or does Simon get it?
>
> I've got no problem doing this.

Good thanks #2.

> Are there any LUG members who have contact with major Linux
> distributions and supporting companies? Some posters etc would do well
> (and can be put aside for Infopoints if we do them again).
>
> Has anyone thought about contacting the relevant Linux press in the UK
> and letting them know what we are up to?

Mr Tuxgames seems to be the leading press officer at the moment. It will
be good for you two to conspire.

If you have a 'press release', I can also get a mention on a local
(Broxtowe) maillist in this area that goes out to a few thousand people.

And what of Rob for any further postings (non-fly) via the Council
infrastructure?

martin at ml1.co.uk