[Nottingham] Strange ssh errors - Corrupted MAC on input.

Simon Amor simon at leaky.org
Sun Sep 11 18:56:36 BST 2005

On 11 Sep 2005, at 16:49, I wrote:

> On 11 Sep 2005, at 16:32, Robert Hart wrote:
>>
>> Don't know if it's an onboard nic or not, but if you can, I'd try
>> swapping it for another, or putting it in a different PCI slot.
>
> Because they're dedicated servers, I'm unable to tell if the nics
> are onboard or not but I would imagine they have. I would also be
> unable to swap them out myself if they're not onboard.

Ok, the RAM has been replaced and an unnecessary PCI card (no idea
what it was, the providers words) has been removed and this seems to
have fixed the problem. Very strange but I copied about 10GB across
without any errors showing up. Using google, someone with this
problem was advised to check their RAM.

    Simon
--
Simon Amor