[Nottingham] looking for an AGP4 graphics card with good Linux support

Michael Simms michael at linuxgamepublishing.com
Tue Apr 4 11:14:36 BST 2006

OK, for open source drivers, ATI is ahead of nvidia. Thats simply
because the closed nvidia drivers are way ahead of ATI's

Best: nvidia closed
2nd : ATI closed
3rd : ATI open
4th : nvidia open
5th : Just about anything else

The gap has closed recently, but Id always recommend nvidia right now. A
GF6600 will let you run pretty much anything on the market to date (tho
we have a game in the works that will stutter a little on a 6600) A
GF7800 is well supported and will likely run anything for the next
couple of years that we see on Linux, but they are still a bit pricey.

--
Michael Simms - CEO, Linux Game Publishing
http://www.linuxgamepublishing.com