[Nottingham] Which programming language (RE: O'Reilly Books)

Steve Caddy steve.m.caddy at ntlworld.com
Thu Aug 2 08:35:46 BST 2007

Rennacker Ed wrote:
> Which programming languages do the members here use and why?

My "native" computer languages are Sinclair BASIC and z80 asm, although for
obvious reasons I don't use them these days.

If I'm hacking together a Windows app, I'll use Delphi (my Pascal background
shows there).

In Linux, I'll write in either C or Ada95 depending on what I want to do. I
was taught both these languages at university, and I used Ada83 in my last
job. I still really like Ada. I dabble with php, but it's not a language of
choice.

These days, I work with Visual FoxPro.

Steve

--
"Hardware - the part of the computer you kick when the software fails"
Email: steve.m.caddy at ntlworld.com