[Nottingham] Broadband Providers - Recommendations?

Peter Aldred peter at aldred.org
Thu Aug 9 19:09:21 BST 2007

Hi all,

I'm planning a move to a new flat sometime soon, so I'm going to have
to get a new ISP. I was wondering if any of you had had good/bad
experiences with any particular providers, and whether you could make
any recommendations, particularly for on that plays nicely with Linux?

The flat's in the Ice House next door to the Nottingham Arena Ice
Stadium. Near as I can make out, the postcode's NG1 1LA (I've been to
see it, but not been given the full info yet). I'm told the connection
is through a BT line, so NTL/Virgin is not possible. I'm also trying
to keep my options flexible, so I don't want to commit to a contract
for more than 6 months. I'm a fairly heavy user, so I'd be after at
least 4Mb and a fairly high, if any, bandwidth cap.

I've done some research online, but it's difficult to compare the
companies on anything which isn't price - especially when I want to
ask questions like 'Will the engineer segfault if I mention the word
linux?'. Anyone care to pipe up?

Many thanks,
--
Pete