[Nottingham] Tux Games Antispam - Your message is being held

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Mon Dec 10 10:56:23 GMT 2007

Andy Smith wrote:
[---]
> Or maybe you are receiving mail that has had the sender forged
> (which is extremely common) so you'll end up bombarding
> previously-uninvolved people with your challenges.

All too common and a common 'fall-out' problem.

But also too common a problem with "Bounce" messages sent out from
various mail servers.

> I assume you have coordinated with every other C/R vendor on the
> Internet as well to ensure that your solution plus one or more
> others cannot get into a massive feedback loop of C/R challenges.

Now _that_ would be interesting... A new variation on the Great Internet
Worm?

>> I also spent days making as sure as I possibly could that it
>> wouldn't do what it has done, and when anyone writes a bugfree
>> piece of software they can come tell me about it.
>
> C/R is fundamentally broken; there is no way to do it right, but
> congratulations on doing it very very badly.

And the present mail system isn't equally fundamentally broken and wide
open to shocking and nasty abuse?

Would curing the world of the Windoze boxen zombie scourge cure the problem?

> Shockingly selfish, short-sighted and clueless.

Please keep your exasperation corralled in the school yard...

Spam Tidal Wave Hits UK
http://www.pcworld.com/printable/article/id,140420/printable.html

"a scourge that now consumes 98 percent of all Internet email traffic"

Do you (or anyone) have a 100% solution?

martin at ml1.co.uk