[Nottingham] Odd Mandrake problems

Michael Erskine msemtd at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Feb 6 09:14:42 GMT 2007

On Sunday 04 February 2007 19:38, Richard Davies wrote:
> Friend has just contacted me from Australia asking me to sort out her box,
> she doesn't know what she has except that it is Linux Mandrake. Told her to
> join her local LUG but she says there isn't one, she can't get online so
> there would be no point, she has no transport so she couldn't go the
> meetings if there were any and she can't reinstall because she will lose
> work, so can I help her.

OK, your friend doesn't know of a local Linux User Group (and in Aus "local"
extends a lot further than in the UK) but there probably is local net access,
and perhaps even a local Linux user. Give us some idea of how remote her
location is - this is likely to be more an issue of communications channels
and willingness on her part to get involved.

She should be able to identify and possibly fix any problem with Knoppix of
similar bootable CD distro and some instruction, possibly by phone.

Regards,
Michael Erskine.

--
Teamwork is essential -- it allows you to blame someone else.