[Nottingham] MS Vista news - you'll like this

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Thu Jan 18 15:36:01 GMT 2007

David Rice wrote:
> I've been lurking for a while without contributing but thought you would
> like this - it was forwarded to me by a colleague.
>
> OK, don't laugh, but here is a list of Visual Studio products and
> whether or not they are supported under Vista
[---]

Good snippet, thanks.

[---]
> So, unbelievably, not even the latest version of VS is supported (but if
> you are still on VB6 you are OK !!).

I would guess that the marketing spin is that you must wait and buy
VS-2006 the instant it appears...

[---]
> In fact, I did see that Microsoft have said that its not a problem as
> "you can do you VS 2003 development in a Virtual PC".........to which my
> answer would be w at nkers <mailto:w at nkers>  ;-)

Or you could use WINE! ;-)

So is all that truly coordinated by a grand software systems
"architect", or was he on holiday saving the world, or is it all just
part of the Marketing games?...

Very glad I moved on from VS (VB & VC++) development while it was still
the new thing for Windows 3.11 WfW!

martin at ml1.co.uk