[Nottingham] Which Linux?

David Aldred david at familyaldred.org.uk
Sat Jan 20 18:43:55 GMT 2007

On Saturday 20 January 2007 15:52, Martin wrote:
> Tom Bird wrote:
> > Michael Leuty wrote:

I've got a very small machine (Libretto 50CT - P75, 32Mb RAM) running Damn
Small Linux - slow, but surprising what it can do - and it handles a wireless
card.

I've also just put Ubuntu plus Fluxbox onto a Thinkpad with lower specs than
the one you have, and it's running quite nicely.   It would have been nice to
put the actual Fluxbuntu distro onto it, but the Ubuntu graphic installer
doesn't seem to cope with lower memory machines.  I ended up doing an Ubuntu
server install from the Alternate Install CD, then installing Fluxbox and
various other stuff over it.   I needed to use ndiswrapper to get the
wireless running on that one.

--
David Aldred