[Nottingham] Ubuntu-evolution E-mails

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Fri Jun 22 20:09:47 BST 2007

Ray,

I'll take a first attempt at this even though I've never touched
Evolution...

OK, so you're on Ubuntu...

> Can get noted no. of e-mails in Inbox & unread but cannot get them
> to download on screen.
> [I can still send E-mails.]
> The box--'personnel[POP] waiting'
> but nothing happens.
> Initially had shown--[Error while storing folder'INBOX'        ]
>                      [summary & folder mismatch even after Sync]
> Will this be cause of problem?

That may just be a symptom rather than the problem...

My first guess is for you to carefully check what you have set in
Evolution for your mail account details.

Things to look carefully at for what your service provider requires are:

imap or pop3?
Do you need to enter your username and password?
incoming server name
outgoing server name

Anything else they might tell you.

> Do I delete Evolution & re-down load [& lose my E-mails] or can you
> solve the problem?

If Evolution has failed to download your emails, then your mail should
still be there unread on a server somewhere. There should also be a
setting in the options for Evolution for mails to not be deleted/removed
from the server.

> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry, only general guesses without further details.

> Will have to receive via M/S--unfortunately.

Whichever way works best! :-)

Hopefully, an Evolution user can help you.

Or there are others to try such as Mozilla-Thunderbird for example, and
others.

Good luck,

martin at ml1.co.uk