[Nottingham] nfs on fc6 - Help!

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Fri Jun 22 23:18:02 BST 2007

OK Folks,

I'm trying to set up a Fedora Core 6 system (with SELinux) to share a
directory via nfs.

portmapper, nfs, and nfslock are running,
I've put the the line in /etc/exports to export the directory,
done the exportfs -a,
put ALL: 192.168. in /etc/hosts.allow,

and, "showmount -e" on that host shows the export for the one IP address
to be allowed.

All looks good...

Except that it don't work...

Over on a Mandriva box to connect to it I get:

/usr/sbin/showmount -e fc6pcAddr
mount clntudp_create: RPC: Port mapper failure - RPC: Unable to receive

And portmap is running on both machines, and no apparent errors...

So what's the usual "gotchas" to check for next?

Help,

martin at ml1.co.uk