[Nottingham] Email traceroute?

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Thu Jun 28 21:53:21 BST 2007

Edgar Jasper wrote:
[---]
> uk2.net. My uk2.net account is set up with email
> forwarding to forward various email addresses (eg.
> lists at edgar.org.uk) to my yahoo mail address (the one
> I'm sending from now).
>
> Over the last few days this has stopped working.

Hi and welcome to the list.

UK2 have recently-ish changed their policy on "catch-all" email
addresses. Unless you've paid them extra to continue the catch-all
feature, or you have specifically set up all your mail aliases to
individually be forwarded, then you get your mail silently dropped.

Try sending some mail to yourself as a test and see whether it gets
through and/or what the headers show.

Aside: I used to have accounts with UK2. After exchanging an email or
two with their sales people, I then moved over to:
http://www.blackcatnetworks.co.uk/

Despite promises otherwise, UK2 immediately dropped their hosting for my
ml1 domain even though I am still paid up with them for a few months yet!

Good luck,
Martin.

martin at ml1.co.uk