[Nottingham] Job: Linux System Admin

Phil Lakin phil.lakin at paphotos.com
Mon Oct 1 10:03:10 BST 2007

Hi all,

Firstly, my apologies for touting for staff on the NLUG list, but as it
is for a Linux based job in a long standing Linux based business in
Nottingham, I hope it will not raise too many eyebrows.

PA Photos (nee EMPICS) is a Nottingham based photography syndication
agency, owned and operated by The Press Association which is the UK's
national news agency. Almost all of our business critical applications
are developed in house using a mixture of Linux, PHP, Python, Perl and
MySQL. We are looking for a dedicated and enthusiastic Linux SysAdmin to
help support our existing systems and help us provision new services.

A successful candidate will join a small but very enthusiastic support
team, working with a 6 strong development team. They will be responsible
for around 40 servers ranging from databases, web servers and file
servers to firewalls, routers and mail relays. They must have experience
of working with a Red Hat based distribution. The ideal candidate will
also have previous contact  with a Windows 2003 domain including
Exchange 2003. They will be involved with recommending and implementing
new technologies to improve performance, reliability and scalability.

They will also need to be comfortable working in an environment of rapid
development, in a multi-disciplined technical team, and and they will be
expected to actively contribute to the evolution of working practices
and processes.

The salary is 25-32k to encourage applicants who may not have commercial
experience, but are very enthusiastic and looking to start work in fast
paced environment, but would also suit someone who has been in an SysAd
role for a few years and is looking for more growth in a larger company.

If you are interested, or know someone who might be, please feel free to
contact me directly off list.

Thanks again for your time,

Phil

--
Phil Lakin
IT Director

PA Photos
www.paphotos.com

E: phil.lakin at paphotos.com
D: +44 (0)1158 447 476
M: +44 (0)7970 507 084
F: +44 (0)1158 447 448

Pavilion House, 16 Castle Boulevard, Nottingham, NG7 1FL
Registered At: PA Photos Limited, 292 Vauxhall Bridge Road, SW1V 1AE
Registered in England No. 3891060