[Nottingham] Eee?

David Aldred david at familyaldred.org.uk
Thu Jan 8 09:38:28 UTC 2009

On Thursday 08 Jan 2009, Simon Osborne wrote:
> 2009/1/8 Martin <martin at ml1.co.uk>
>
> > Folks,
> >
> > I'm very tempted to join the NLUG Eee group with a:
> >
> > Asus 10" EEE PC 1000H 1GB 160GB BLACK LINUX
> >
> > One requirement is for the HDD space hence the SSD versions are excluded.
> >
> > Any others I should be looking at or that are recommended instead?

I'm happy with my Aspire One: the latest versions have a 3G modem built in, it
seems, though you would be best to check that.   Current models are 8.9", but
they have announced a 10.1"  model for February.

The linux on them is a bit weird, but I reckon there will be a fuilly
functioning alternative within the next couple of weeks - there are two or
three on which nearly everything works perfectly, and with the usual sharing
of information they are all gradually ironing out wrinkles.  (Issues have
been around odd hardware, especially the card readers which, if empty, are
not visible to the system at all on boot).

--
David Aldred