[Nottingham] Ubuntu comes of age...

Simon Sleaford simon.sleaford at gmail.com
Fri May 22 21:29:59 UTC 2009

I managed to download Moblin from a torrent after it seemed like the direct
link was getting hammered. I didn't install it but did try it from a USB
install and was very impressed with the design, it seems like just  the kind
of thing that that a netbook should be running; something fast and light
with a focus on online content and "the cloud" (still not sure if I like
that term). Got a little frustrated with it when I was trying to get it to
run at work through the proxy but I think that was more down to the setup
there. I'll definitely be following the progress of Moblin and trying a full
install when it comes out of beta. Certainly beats running XP that my
netbook came with.

As an aside, I'm going to try to come to one of the Thursday socials in the
very near future. The Navigation is just over the road from where I work so
no excuses really.

Cheers

Simon